Making the connection
The RSA has published ‘Making the Connection’ a report that looked at the many ways Post Office branches are becoming community enterprise hubs. Due to the decline in the high street and increasing online competition, it is essential for branches to experiment with new business models. The report found that a number of subpostmasters, especially those that won the new Community Enterprise Fund, are already trialing new products and services for their customers.
The report was launched at an event with speakers including:
- Stephen Williams MP, Minister for Communities,
- Mark Davies, Communications & Corporate Affairs Director, Post Office Ltd.
- Danielle Barnes, Subpostmaster, Port Clarence Post Office branch
- Emma Jones, Founder, Enterprise Nation
- Benedict Dellot, Senior Researcher, RSA
- Ben Lucas, Chair of Public Services, RSA
You may like to watch short film RSA produced on three of our branches and the work they do to support their local community.