Our public purpose
The Post Office is unique: a commercial business set apart by its public purpose. We believe in the importance of connecting communities and enhancing the powerful role they play in all our lives. We will stay true to this commitment by meeting customer needs through our unrivalled local presence across the UK.
This statement is underpinned by a set of principles and pledges.
To deliver our purpose we will run our organisation by following four principles:
- Keep customers at the heart of everything we do
- Build relationships based on trust
- Treat everybody with fairness and honesty
- Make a positive social and economic contribution to all the communities in which we work
As an organisation we pledge to:
- Maintain ethical attitudes in our behaviours
- Invest in the organisation to secure the business for the future
- Listen with care to the views of customers, colleagues and others with an interest in the Post Office, and support their development