For over three centuries, the Post Office has connected communities and customers with the products and services they need – and that isn’t going to change.
Across the UK, you can find Post Office services in thousands of corner shops, newsagents and even pubs and bakeries. We make life easier for millions of people by providing over 170 products and services as diverse and important as:
- Mails and parcels: Sending letters or returning parcels is as important ever for countless customers and businesses, particularly with the rapid rise of online shopping. And we’re continuing to adapt to evolving customer needs – for example, by launching ‘Click & Collect’ services across out network with new partner carriers like DPD and Amazon.
- Cash and banking: Through our Banking Framework agreement, customers of major banks and building societies can use Post Office to withdraw cash, deposit cash and cheques, and obtain balances – making us an essential alternative to high street banks.
- Bill Payments: We provide bill payment services across all Post Office branches and Payzone outlets, with a combined offering of 24,000 outlets across the UK – covering everything from utilities through to transport and ticketing.
- Travel Money: We offer a variety of Travel Money products to our customers, both online and in person. As well as our foreign currency offering and our ‘Click & Collect’ services, many of our branches offer over-the-counter service, allowing our customers to obtain over 30 popular currencies in-person, on demand.
- Government services, including accessing Universal Credit: We have a long history of successfully serving as a key touch-point between the public and Government for a range of services, from accessing social benefits to renewing passports. In doing so, we act as a vital backstop for those who cannot access their benefits online or who simply prefer doing so in person.
- And many more services to make everyday life easier: From building a digital identity online with our EasyID app, to affordable travel insurance or foreign currency, the Post Office is there to help families across the country out with a suite of other products and services.
Alongside our physical presence, we are constantly increasing our digital capability, ensuring our customers can access our products and services online, while also introducing best-in-class technology to support our customers in branch. Our partnership with Yoti, to expand our digital identity offering, is a great example of this. Read more about it here.